Wednesday 9 May 2012

Judging Day

The judging was the day that we had all come here for. We had a morning session, and an afternoon session, which in total, added up to 8 hours of judging. It was definitely a very long day!

I had 7 judges in total, and I was so happy, because you needed at least 5 judges, and 10 at the most, so I felt safe. Most of my judges were very friendly and were very interested in my project.

In the afternoon session, I only had one judge, and it was quite strangem because my whole isle hardly had any judges either! I made a lot of friends during these judging sessions, and it actually turned out to be lots of fun!

I met a whole group of people from Macedonia, who were extremely friendly and funny, and I was a bit worried, because they stayed and talked to me for most of the time, and not at their own project! It was lovely to hear about their culture and their country, as I had actually never heard of it!

I then also met people from Florida, Vermont and New York, who were wonderful to talk to and get to know. It was fun learning about the words which they use, and they loved the word "candy floss" which to them is known as "cotton candy".

After waiting two hours in the afternoon session, we were all so tired of waiting, and so we all just hung out for the rest of the time. Kobus and I even did the Afrikaans Sokkie Dance for them, which they were all amazed by!

We all had so much fun, and after the judging I went out with Sydney for Spanish food, which was divine! I also bought a costume, because they had a hot tub and a pool in the hotel, so then we would be able to swim!

That night, we had a social evening, where we swapped pins and flags. Mine were literally all gone in minutes! The social evening was lots of fun, and I met many more people. We played tug-of-war, apple bobbing, and musical chairs.

After the social evening, we all went over to the pool and swam until it closed. It was lovely because Houston is so hot, and it only gets dark at about 9pm!

After that extremely long, fun and eventful day, we headed to sleep to get ready for the following day.

No comments:

Post a Comment