Wednesday 9 May 2012

Science Museum Field Trip

Science Museum Field Trip:

The Houston Science Museum was so interesting and so much fun! There were so many exhibits to go and look at, and we went there for a field trip on Day 2.
Us South Africans were very excited as we were able to travel in one of those yellow school buses, which I have only seen in the movies!
At the science museum, we watched a 3D movie about researchers following tornado's, and trying to find out a way in which they would be able to warn people about forming tornado's. It was very interesting and educational, and I enjoyed watching it!
We were then allowed to walk around for a few hours. Kobus, Shraddah and I went to nearly every exhibit in the museum. It was quite amazing, because they were all on touch-screen, where you could read about them and watch videos about the exhibitions.
We also went in an elevator, where they took you on a tour about going deep into the mines and finding oil - it was very realistic and for a moment I felt like I was thousands of feet underground!
There was also the most beautiful room filled with gemstones and jewellery. It was breathtaking and I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
At the Science Museum, I made a lovely friend, Zach from Florida, who had been there many times before, and so he showed us around many other exhibits.
We even found a person who could tell our fortunes! Mine seemed extremely real, but then again, they can relate to most people.
The science museum was a great experience!

















No comments:

Post a Comment