Sunday 13 May 2012

Closing Ceremony and the end of my incredible journey

Firstly, my apologies for not finishing off my blog sooner, but I have been recovering from jetlag, and there has not been internet connection at school!

The closing ceremony was very enjoyable and quite surprising!

Kobus, Shraddah and I were all awarded a bronze medal, and I was also awarded a special award from Brighten Tech Solutions for the Brighten Technology Award for supporting the use of clean technology.

I felt so honoured to be standing up on stage as a South African representitive, and I felt quite shocked!

The next day, it was time to depart from the Hilton Hotel, and Houston. When we left, I actually felt homesick, because I wanted to go back!

The plane ride back was very long, but enjoyable as I was able to spend my birthday with people that I had been with for a whole week!

We finally arrived back in Port Elizabeth, and said our final goodbyes.



My journey has been absolutely incredible, life-changing, and has left me with memories and friends that I will have forever. I would honestly do it all again if I was able to!

I have come to the end of my journey, and I do feel sad but so grateful for all the experience I have gained. Thank you SO MUCH again to my family, friends and sponsors for believing in me. Polymer Innovations have kindly invited me to visit them in Australia in 2013. I am looking forward to seeing all of the facilities and to gain more experience about the polymer products.

There are just no words to express how grateful and blessed I feel. Thank you. I will endeavour to start another blog during this visit to share with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment