Friday 4 May 2012

Houston, Texas

Once we had landed in Houston, we collected all of our baggage, and then waited for a shuttle to take us to the Hilton Hotel America, Houston, Texas.
The number plates
The super shuttle that took us to the Hilton Hotel America.
The shuttle alone was so different to what I imagined! Firstly, everything was the wrong way around, and so getting into the car and not seeing the steering wheel on the right hand side was quite odd. The number plates were also quite fascinating - every single number plate showed where the car was from, like in the picture alongside, and so while we were driving, I could see cars from Los Angeles and other places in America.


The view from our hotel room
I cannot think of one word that could be used to describe Houston. It is huge, magnificent, and honestly, every time I look outside my hotel window, the view just takes me breath away.



We are staying in the Hilton Hotel America, and I remember looking it up on the Internet before I came here, and I thought that I was looking at the wrong hotel. However, the pictures on the Internet of this hotel, are real.

The first thing that I saw when I walked in was this absolutely magnificent chandelier. All of the pictures of the hotel are on the Internet too!

Our rooms are quite divine! We each have a double-bed to ourselves, with the softest bedding, and air conditioner in our rooms too! We even have a flat-screen television, and many other appliances.

We set up our projects that evening in the GRB Convention Centre, and after that we were all so exhausted, and just went straight to bed. While setting up, I met 3 Thailand finalists, and it was so interesting to hear about their culture, and about their project.










1 comment:

  1. Hello Kelly! Everything over there looks great! Hope everything is good and you're haveing loads of fun! Miss you lots and can't wait to hear all about it! Love, your sister. Sabrina xx

    ReplyDelete