Monday 30 April 2012

Preparing for the ISWEEEP Trip

It is amazing how fast time can fly by. I remember receiving an email in the December holidays informing me that I had been selected to attend the ISWEEEP International Science Fair in Houston, Texas. I remember thinking how much time I had to prepare, and how it would only be in 5 months time.

Those five months have come and gone, and now the time has finally come for me to leave for the Science Fair.

Preparing for the ISWEEEP Science Fair has already been a journey and quite an experience on its own. I have had to make sure that my project file is all ready and of a high standard, and that my poster is ready to be judged.

I even had to find formal clothes to wear! I honestly don't think that I have spent so much time in a shopping centre than I did this holiday, to find the right outfits to wear. Being a typical farm girl, I have never really had formal clothes in my wardrobe, and I have never really had to wear formal clothes (other than my DSG Formal school uniform!) and so it is been quite an experience finding all of these new clothes, and actually having to imagine myself wearing them!

I am slowly beginning to feel the nerves and excitement in the pit of my stomach, which I think will be at full force when I am standing in the airport and checking in! It all doesn't seem real yet, but I think it will tomorrow.

While I am in Houston, I will be updating this blog as much as possible, and I will also add some pictures.


2 comments: