Sunday 6 May 2012

Watch the Awards Ceremony Live!

Just like in the Opening Ceremony, the Awards Ceremony will be recorded on live television. You can watch it on www.isweeep.org/live - it starts at 3pm and will finish at about 5.30pm (Here in Houston).

Just a quick update:
We had judging for about 8 hours yesterday! It was so tiring, and eventually for the afternoon session, my whole row had not had a single judge! We decided to just all hang out, and Kobus and I showed them the Afrikaans "Sokkie" which they were all quite fascinated by! It was so much fun, and I have been meeting so many people from all over the world. I have made a few good friends, including people from Florida, Vermont, Macedonia, New York, Minnesota, Dallas and many, many more. People from American universities have also spoken to me, and I am sure that they also spoke to many other people, but just if you attend the ISWEEEP Science Fair, they offer you a scholarship to attend the North American College in Houston, Texas. I told them that I would only graduate (matriculate) in 2014, and I was surprised when they said that they would keep my form in a file, and they want to keep in touch with me. It was all so amazing, and I honestly could not believe that that had happened.

We also had a social evening last night, where we exchanged gifts from our countries - my exchange gifts were literally all gone in a matter of minutes! The social was lots of fun, and it included apple-bobbing, musical chairs, tug-of-war, and many other games.

Also, while I have been staying here, I have been lucky enough to see my dear friend, Sydney Lacey, who attended DSG for a year. I never thought that I would see her again, and so it was so special to see her! We went out for Mexican and Spanish food, which was absolutely delicious.

We are leaving for NASA today, which I think everyone is extremely excited to finally go and explore! Once I return from NASA, I will update again, and show some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment